Friday, April 17, 2009

Procrastinator Princess

I am the biggest procrastinator in the world! It almost has a super hero ring to it--THE PROCRASTINATOR. Watch out Governor Arnold, "I'll be Back". . . tomorrow.

So it's no surprise that I just filed my taxes the day they were due. I honestly believe I must have been born with this sickness. As long as I can remember I was always putting things off till the last minute. Every report was done the morning it was due, even when I was asked to speak in public I would prepare my speech five to ten minutes before.

I never understood the stupid saying "A stitch in time saves nine"-- hello that's why they invented sewing machines.

So now I'm hosting a party for a bunch of six year old tomorrow and I don't have anything yet, no party favors, ice cream, cake, decorations, and my house is a disaster. I still have to shampoo the carpets, and furniture, I basically have to clean every room and surface in my house every second of the day to keep it clean because I live with a three little messy monkeys--OK four Tim's a little messy too : ) only teasing.

I love the adrenalin rush of having to beat the clock, and I need the stress to get me motivated, I'm sure every procrastinator has there share of excuses. I'm sure it will be perfect and wonderful it always turns out in the end, but I think I'm getting to old for this. I might even try to be normal and get things done at least the day before, baby steps people I'm not a super hero or am I?

No comments: