Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Don't Know You but I Think I Love You.

Do you believe in love at first sight? or should I walk by again. . . I love that joke. I don't know if I believe at love at first sight. I think attraction is very important in a relationship. I was always trying to convince myself that I wasn't in love--we were just friends, that by the time my heart finally overcame my head I had seen Tim a hundred times or more. Oh what the heck I'm a hopeless romantic I guess there could be love at first sight, but you should still get to know each other for goodness sakes......

A few of my early heart breaker moments and surely not my last.

Tony the Homeless man my brother-in-law adopted. I was 15 or 16 and I was spending my summer vacation watching my baby niece for my sister. I always did love babies. Here was this creepy guy living on my sister's couch who somehow with in two weeks was convinced he was madly in love with me and wanted to marry me. He thought I was the most beautiful and intellectually stimulating young girl he had ever met. He even quit his job so he could spend all day with me. He started to get really creepy. I would have to lock myself in the bedroom until Bill came home. He kept touching me. I told the poor guy that he made me sick and that I didn't like him at all, and that I had a boyfriend--which some how the week before this guy named Andy I was chatting with online thought we were an item so technically it wasn't a lie. The poor guy didn't even get my brutal honesty and brought me pepto bismal thinking that would help with the sickness. Finally enough was enough and I called my sister to let her know that there was a homeless guy living in her house, and my dad had called and Tony had answered the phone and said that I couldn't come to the phone so he was on his way to pick me up that day and have my brother watch my niece instead. Bill got a severe verbal beat down, and every time I look at pepto I think of this stupid guy who didn't understand what it meant to be repulsive.

Chatting Chaos My problems weren't over remember I told you about Andy the guy I was chatting with so I wouldn't have to talk to Tony? Well after about a month of chatting he mailed me a ring, was going to change his religion for me, and flew down to meet me. I of course had gotten myself in another bind and had to break yet another heart. I told him you can't fall in love with someone you have never physically met--apparently I was wrong just look at all of the online dating services now, and I just found out a few months again that my brother met his wife online.

Awe office love.. So I get another job and start working with this guy I will call him Zack--I always like that name and used to think the guy off of save by the bell named Zack was a hottie. So Zack only worked with me a few time but again quickly this guy thought he was in love. I even re-arranged my schedule so I wouldn't have to work with him and he knew I was dating Tim--I think they were even on the basketball team together, and he would call me when he knew Tim was gone and ask me out. He started talking about marriage--very creepy. Finally my sister-n-law yelled at him to leave me a lone that I was in love with Tim and that we were going to get married. Hmmm I hadn't thought of marriage--I had my dream become a model, travel the world, become a Doctor and then after that get married around 28. I'm not even 28 yet. It's funny how what you think you want isn't really what you what after all. I have about a dozen more stories about the office romance. Maybe I have and over production of pheromones because honestly there are way more gorgeous women out there guys, single ones too.

Loan Advisor Lost. We were trying to buy our first house so I open up a phone book and call the first loan company I found. Diego pick up the phone and we started down the path of home ownership and more than a home warming gift. Again I talked to Diego several times on the phone, through emails, he stopped by the house , we went out to lunch, and I was thinking this was normal, buying a house is a very emotional and complicated process, and this guy really wants his commission. Then one day I get this rather odd phone call of him stating that he thinks his wife is on to him and that we needed to cool down and something about he wanted an affair but his wife would find out. Wait, what did I miss here. I quickly called Tim and told him I hated the city and I wanted to go home and a couple of months later me moved back to Pima. Without the help of this guy.

Home wrecker We moved backed to Gilbert and there was a nice couple and the guy was extremely friendly. We talked a few time really about nothing you know small talk but then he kept standing to close to me accidentally finding ways to bump me or touch me, and then I caught him taking pictures of me with his cell phone--this freak me out I gave him a nasty look then ran over to Tim and told him the whole thing hoping he would beat him up I guess. The guy came over and said he was sorry and made up some story of why he was taking pictures of me. I almost believed him. Then roomers got out about him and his wife getting a divorce and she said something I guess has kind of stuck with me. She told me that I wasn't the only reason they were getting a divorce. Of course I developed the new nick name home wrecker and we all had several laughs about it, and we moved yet again.

I guess that last experience really got to me and I've become a complete shut in. Luckily I work from home and with mostly women. I try to make myself unattractive, no makeup, hair in the pony tale, sweat pant, I've gain 10 pounds. I thought I was safe, but no even as a shut-in, frumpy house wife, I still managed to once again go on my heart braking ways when my daughter sabotaged me and open the door while I was working out in a bikini. I don't even wear bikini's in front of Tim. I tried to make a break for my room but the damage was done and I now have a creepy stalker.

I'm hoping Tim will let us move one more time, but with countless experiences like these there has to be something wrong with me. Even locking myself inside didn't help. Now I fear for my poor daughters who have little boys falling all over them.

Ladies lock up your boys.

No comments: