Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bummed about being broke.

So I'm some what of an extreme optimist. Let's just say I don't live in what people call reality. I'm usually happy, outgoing,energetic,passionate and excited about ever moment of life, but lately I have been feeling rather down, and a few days ago I was going through my daughters backpack and there was a card she had made me and It brought tears to my eyes, and even days later it still makes me feel a deep hole in my heart. The card said please take me to the book fair and then there was a little wish list of the books she wanted. I've never told anyone this but in December my husband's hours were cut in half and we had to max out all our credit cards, use every penny in our bank account just to keep up with our bills. The last month has been so hard and we have bounce a few of our bills and we literally didn't have any money in the bank and we used our entire 1000 overdraft. I know we are not the only ones going through this and we are very blessed with jobs, a house, and each other, but it broke my heart I wasn't able to take my little girl to book fair. Wow I don't know why I'm getting so emotional about this. It feels good to at least get that out, everyone keeps asking how we are doing and some times I just want to scream we are drowning, save us but of course we smile and say we are great. I know every thing will work out in the end and some how this experience will be a learning experience. I guess it hurts so bad because as a mother I want the very best for my children and of course she doesn't need any more books, but the whole point was having a wonderful bonding experience with my girls at the book fair, and help out their school at the same time. My husband teases me that there is a bum hug bug hiding out in our house--of course he's making fun of me because when he asked me why I was so sad I tried to say ba hum bug but I didn't even come close to that and he laughed at me so hard it made me start laughing and by the end we were both laughing and crying and being complete goofballs as usual. It's really hard to feel crummy when you are laughing so hard you almost wet yourself--go ahead try it. He has a billion little things he teases me about--I love it. I guess growing up with five brothers I was raised on being made fun of and being pick on, so again being the weirdo I am I love being teased. All I know is I never ever want to feel completely helpless and hopeless ever again. Oh I'm going to find that bum hug bug and obliterate him.

No comments: