Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Home wrecker and the endless search for a platonic friendship

The strangest thing happened in church Sunday that made me start to think about how messed up the relationships between men and women are, and how I've almost given up complete hope that a platonic friendship could exist.

So back to my story: On Sunday I was sitting by this lady, well two chairs away, no one ever wants to sit next to me, but that's a different story, and she introduced herself as though she was at an AA meeting, " Hi my name is so and so and I haven't been to church for over five years but I had a feeling I needed to be here today". Just before the end of the lesson she said she had a comment and then told us that she was abused and when she got a divorce everyone was saying that she was trying to steal their husbands and that is why she stop going to church. Everyone started whispering and rolling their eyes, and honestly I don't know how her comment was relevant to what we were talking about, but it was rather entertaining to see every ones reaction to her, and then another divorcee said that she had a similar experience and reassure everyone that she didn't want any of our husbands--obviously she hasn't met mine yet only teasing.

Afterwards I started to think about all my past experiences, and how the relationships between men and women are so messed up. I will sharing a few of my experience with bizarre experiences with the opposite sex in hopes to gets some answers to life's toughest questions,
and I would love to hear some of your experiences as well or your suggestions to help me not be such a heart breaker and home wrecker.

No comments: