Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wow What a Week



Of course I'm not going to blog everyday that would be ridiculous, but once a week. . . we will see.  The first couple of weeks of the new year have been fabulous!! my husband got a $2.50/ hour raise and he's only been with the company for 3 months.  It's so amazing what can happen when you just take that blind leap of faith no matter how backwards, hard, scary or counter productive it may be.  It didn't make sense for my husband to quit his high paying career during the worlds biggest economic crisis, pack up our family away from great schools, and friends, and move out of our gorgeous home, and move to a tiny town with no job, and no place to live.  But we jumped and it has been the best experience ever!  We have a place to live--mortgage and rent free, I was able to keep my job and my husband now has a new job and a works for people who are amazing, and his own business has exploded with projects he almost doesn't have time for, the girls are in an amazing school and we have so much more time to make a difference and actually start living.  I am so so blessed and grateful.  Anyway I'm living proof to just have faith and trust in God.   So my husband came home with the amazing news that he was given a raise and said something I never ever would have heard come out of his mouth in a million years if we hadn't left, and that night as we were about to fall asleep he says to me "you know I feel pretty successful right now."  Oh that was music to my ears--of course he has always been extremely successful as long as I've known him, but no matter how much he was promoted and compensated or recognized or praised he never felt successful, like success was just a few more steps ahead and he couldn't ever reach it.  I'm not sure exactly what finally clicked inside, but he now has this amazing outlook, and fire of self confidence that is irresistible.  Ok live is good enough said.  So we took the kids out to the duck ponds and they rode their scooters around the gazebo, we went out for dinner and lunch a few times, and just did normal family stuff, like bed time stories, game nights, and all the little things that make life sweet.  I can't wait to see what the new year brings.

No comments: