Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Hint From a Horoscope

So today's tip comes from Cosmo--I don't normally read that magazine, maybe it was redbook, I can't remember but a few weeks a got this phone call from someone doing a fund raiser for the special Olympics and I told her I would like to make a cash donation and the lady insisted on sending me a magazine, and that's the one she picked. I guess they want you to get the magazine so you will forget to cancel the subscription and they can keep charging you over and over. I know how marketing works.

So I was flipping through and came across my Horoscope and it made me laugh OK cry a little too, so I thought I would share it. It said this month I should focus on my outward appearance. What a horrible horoscope, see look even the begin of the word is basically horrible. OK OK I can take a hint.

First Kiora told me not to wear my hair in a bun, then Kylee said I have a beautiful voice, but my face ruins it--awe the refreshing honesty of children. And then last night I showed a picture to Tim of me holding Kiora when she was a baby and I said "look how cute" and of course he replied "yeah you were, what happened. HA HA. I'm just glad Kamryn has a very limited vocabulary.

So I've decided, yes me, the girl who has in the past 27 years never had a facial, waxed my eyebrows or legs, or had any beauty treatment in fact ever--well except once I had a manicure and it was like torture, anyways I'm am going to devote 1 month to completely transforming my outward appearance from head to toe and became a lady even if it kills me.

I think if I can manage med school while working full time, having a baby at home, and one in the oven, and maintaining sanity and a social life and husband and home I can handle a couple of waxes here and there. I of course am not going to tell my darling hubby and hopefully I will be able to surprise the sport by becoming a smoking hot momma--he defiantly deserves a gorgeous supermodel hot trophy wife wrap around his arm. Now I know this is going to be going completely against everything I believe in and stand for, but it's only for a month and last time I check being pretty never killed anyone, well maybe it has, but I'm a survivor.

A darling quote for inspiration: "I hope people realize that there is a brain underneath the hair and a heart underneath the boobs."-Dolly Parton

I have devoted an entire blog just for this purpose and I will be posting hilarious before and hopefully some amazing after pictures and everything I find about beauty. I guess all those years of med school just to become a stay at home mommy wasn't an entire waste, because I rock at research. click on the word blog or here is the complete url http://makeovermommies.blogspot.com/ to see my head to toe makeover--um maybe a month isn't enough time.

If you're beautiful and you would like to help me on this worthy goal feel free to leave me your tips and tricks in the comment area. Thanks

No comments: