Sunday, August 7, 2011

I GIVE UP--I'M JUST ME

umm so lately I have been trying to become more "domestisized" you know becoming a typical good house wife--cooking, cleaning, sewing all that jazz, and the other day it came to my realization that I SUCK AT BEING NORMAL, so I'm just going to be me. This realization came to me about midnight when I, after several attempts to sew elastic, broke the needle off of my brand spanken new sewing machine. Get this my sewing machine is one of those high tech, fancy smacy, does all the work for you, automatic ones and I can't even get that to work right. I came balling to my husband--my hero who always makes everything better, and we had a few laughs about my total incompetence and then he told me how I should have have done it correctly--yup a sewing lesson from a dude. ANywho I wouldn't say I'm throwing in the white flag just yet, but I'm going to focus my energy else where for a while. I did happen to manage to sew some fantastic curtains, a few skirts and some aprons--all of those on an old fashion regular sewing machine lol, and I have come a long long way in my cooking so I should be happy about that. It's funny to look back and it amazing me how we survived with my primitive home making skills--take out and frozen foods were my specialty. The great thing about my weakness is I now have a husband who loves loves to cook and is fantastic at it, so I think I will take credit for that because if I hadn't been so terrible at cooking he never would have step a foot into the kitchen. Now I know, I know the best way to a mans heart is through his stomach--LAME so I will still work on becoming more like Rachael Ray, but I definitely won't be rushing to get a new needle for my sewing machine anytime soon. Some day I'll get to those scrap books, and decorating my house, and learning to blog, and . . .. . . . . . . . WOMEN are amazing especially all of you amazing house wives. Until then I take comfort in the song who I am by Jessica Andrews

No comments: