Sunday, January 30, 2011

OH HAPPY DAY


So Thursday was my birthday AKA January 27th, only the best day of the year, you might want to write that down. : ) OK in all seriousness I LOVE holidays and birthdays unlike some weirdos-- my husband, who thinks that birthdays are just another day, I think they are a perfect excuse to spoil yourself silly and have fun. On a side note I have a confession to make......................................................


I'M A DIRTY LITTLE LIAR, yes I know women are support to lie about their age, it's like one of the cardinal rules, but I have been lying about my age since I was 14!! I know I know I'm horrible, but why would I lie about my age? Well at 14 it was because of one ridiculously hot life guard IAN. I had the typical summer fling, late night phone calls, playful water fights, trips in his little red truck to buy a soda you know that sort of thing, then after a few weeks it dawned on this little genius to ask me how old I was and with his words "You are 16 right?" began my horrible habit of lying about my age. Don't worry I do have a conscience, but he just happened to be on vacation for a couple of weeks. In my defense I did come clean about my age....eventually. So what started out as a love struck girlish game continued, first I would just say I was a couple of years older, but then it escalated to 5-10 years older WAIT A MINUTE hold the phone, you may be saying, what woman in her right mind would lie to make herself older--don't worry it wasn't to buy booze or anything like that. I just got so sick and tired of hearing you're to YOUNG to bla bla bla.... OK so now that I have repented of my evil ways I am officially 29 and from this day on I will not lie about my age. . . maybe


My Birthday was fabulous: went to the zoo, won some money at work, shopped all day, ate my favorite meal and just had a grand ol time.
*picture credit greysgabble.com

No comments: