Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I LOVE MY JOB




Yes, I am well aware of my stacks of degrees I have collected and that my current job pays more that half as much as I was making at the Mayo Clinic, and I don’t get free education like I did working for the University, and I’m no longer a size zero with bulging biceps like when I was a personal trainer, and even if I had forgotten all these wonderful facts, I have all you lovely people reminding me so thanks, and I know you all think I’m crazy some of you love me enough to say it to my face, but despite all your concerns about me and my career decision, I LOVE MY JOB.

I can work in sweatpants, I don’t have to do my hair or wear makeup, I don’t have to worry about jerks hitting on me, well other than crazy guys hitting on over the phone but that doesn’t bother me, because I don’t have to see their pompous faces, or have them invade my bubble. I don’t have to drive hours on crowded freeways. I don’t have to put in long hard exhausting hours. We have weekly contests and bonuses, which being extremely competitive I love, I have a 401 k, and a pension plan, I have so much time off and my schedule is very flexible, I get crazy deals on everything, and get a lot of free stuff with the points I earn from being top performer, I get monthly bonuses, and I am over appreciated, the list goes on and on, and the best part is I work with some of the most amazing people for one of the best companies in the world. So long scrubs, and sweaty gyms, hello home office and being able to be a stay at home mom, which being a mom is hands down the best career of them all.

No comments: