Sunday, May 17, 2009

Not Yet A Woman

So I have a little secret---I used to lie about my age. I know all women lie about their age but usually they say they are younger not older. I used to tell people I was 5 years older because I had my first baby at 19--which is normal from where I come from, but I got so tired of people telling me that I was to young to have a baby--um apparently given the fact that here I am with a baby in my arms I'm not to young people.

My favorite was when people would say to me while I was pregnant "I know what you've been doing"--Well thanks captain obvious I had no idea. Don't you just love people like that.

Now that I'm 27 I have to confess another secret: I'm terrified of dieing so I guess in correlation to that I'm afraid of getting older, and I don't know if people can sense that fear and they are being overly sensitive, or if I act really immature, or that I don't quite have the curves of a woman or a combination of all of those but people always say that I look like I'm a teenager--I sure hope that still happens when I'm in my 30s and 40s

The only reason I bring this up is because last night I was asking my husband if I still look like a little girl because people keep telling me I look so young and he just started laughing, because earlier that morning when we were swimming at the pool a guy he knew asked him "where's your wife", and Tim pointed over to me and the guy said, "Oh I thought that was one of your kids".

I guess I do have to admit I'm still pretty immature and every time I go swimming the moms usually just sit out of the pool tanning, so maybe that could be a little confusing seeing a total goofball at my age doing cannon balls into the pool.

I guess I'm still a little girl and I'm not quite a woman.

1 comment:

Burdett Family said...

That is halarious. I still act like a kid to it makes feel younger. I have the same fear of dying and getting older 27 is pushing thirty. I hate getting older but I would rather get old then die young.