Sunday, November 15, 2015

Tiger Woods y'all

I know it's hard to believe, but I woke up really bummed out and not my usual happy go lucky, rainbows and sunshine self this morning.  It was Ben and Kamryn's last soccer games.  Ben was running around in his shark hoodie I made him, so that made me smile, but I was really sad the season was over:  I will definitely be coaching next season.

I don't know why but I couldn't get over my grumps; Tim and I have an inside joke:  sometimes he wakes up Grumpy, and sometimes he lets me sleep in.  I was stung by a bee yesterday and it made me sick and I was still in pain, so that didn't help things either.  I decided to go do service and hold an adorable baby---I LOVE BABIES.  This made me feel all better, but when I got home each one of my kids gave me a hug and told me how much they loved me.  I could tell that Tim had something to do with this and I got Kamryn to spill the beans that he had a talk with them and told them that they need to make me happy and serve me today.  Have I mentioned how much I love these dorks. . .

The day turned out to be incredible.  The sun finally came out and we took the kids golfing.  When we got to the course, the ball return machine was broken so we had to go out on the range and find our own ball to hit.  I had more fun hunting golf balls than driving them out into the range, because Ben kept stuffing the balls in his pockets.  He found so many, the weight of the balls began pulling his pants down.  He kept calling "wait up guys, my pants keep falling"  He even had his own little swagger trying to walk without losing them completely.  I almost died laughing.  I wish I had a camera.  

Next, We went to the duck ponds to have a picnic, skateboard, and feed the duck.  Poor Kamryn had a nasty wipe out and skinned up her knees, so we went to get ice cream to make her feel better.  We got home and Tim and I took a nap because we only had about four hours of sleep.  I never take naps because I have ADHD and always need to be moving and doing, but I'm just going to say I'm a fan.  I might just join Tim on his sleep all day Sundays ritual.

We had my parents come over so we could play card games with the family, and then Tim and I went out to dinner for date night.  Oh how I love having girls old enough to babysit!  Turned out to be a great day after all.            

No comments: